Thursday, June 6, 2013

You Don't Choose Your Own Circumstances

On my most recent Disney trip, there were several things that went wrong.  I look back at those first two days as nothing more than a disaster.

Monday, for example:

When I went to check in to Coronado Springs, the person checking me in could not do so.  It took 45 minutes, them buying me breakfast, and crediting my room money in order to check me in.  Apparently picking up my park tickets early the day before was a mistake because I had done online check in.

A bus to Magic Kingdom never showed the first day.  Waiting for my key made getting to the Magic Kingdom impossible for me that day.

When I get to Epcot, the same day, as I'm going into the World Showcase, I'm stopped by a text from my husband, "Do you want the bad news now or can you wait?"

Apparently, he was at the doctor's office with our son and a sprained foot that could have been broken.  By that time, I was of the mindset, "Maybe this was a bad idea.  Maybe I should just go home."

And then there was the issue that throughout the week, the plantar fascitis started royally acting up to the point that I was giving my foot an ice bath every night.

I was getting discouraged.

What does the Bible say about discouragement?

James 1:2:  "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, when you face trials of many kinds."

How on earth do I find joy in circumstances?  By knowing Jeremiah 29:11:  "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord.  Plans to prosper you and not harm you.  Plans to give you hope and a future."

We are all so spoiled in our own little worlds.  One or two small things can ruin everything for us.  But, instead, we have to look at what is right.  We still have a God who loves us.  We know He is for us.

And me?  I was on a trip of a lifetime.  I was going to run a race many people don't get to.  My son's injury was not as bad as it could have been.  And Coronado Springs bought my breakfast and credit to my room.  And I finished that race.

Before I get to the race weekend itself, I wanted to share a few pictures from the week:
























No comments:

Post a Comment