Saturday, October 6, 2012

T-Minus 14 days. . .

Yup, 14 days until the first half marathon.  And where am I?  I can run 7 miles.  That's it.  7.  So, I'm doing something a little different.  For the experience and since I know I have the big Disney one coming up, I'm walking the first half marathon.  It's almost a let down for me, but the most important thing is that I finishe this race.  If I'm going to "press on towards the goal" (Phil 3:14), then I'm going to have to learn a little humility along the way.

I'm not Iron Man.  I'm God's creation.  And I've got to learn that I'm not going to have it my way.  It's going to be His so that He gets the glory.

1 comment:

  1. You are very blessed to have the opportunities for these races! Maybe someday for me....

    Keep up the good work!!

    "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me...."

    ReplyDelete