Monday, May 26, 2014

What do you do after a race?

After the race, I of course, changed clothes and showered back at the room.  I also knew it was best to keep moving. 

If you are at Disney, and you need to keep moving, where do you go?


I do not regret that particular decision.  Sunday night, I strolled through the Magic Kingdom, and rested when I needed.  It was a difficult walk through the park that night because of the ankle, which was completely swollen by this point.  I was wrapping and icing it every chance available. 

Throughout the next few days, I spent a lot of time in the room.  I watch a lot of old episodes of Law and Order, and it was this plus my early wake up call for the marathon that made me decide something:  never again would I stay at a Value Resort for a solo vacation.  I was bored out of my mind recuperating in the room.  I did, however, get out of the room some.  Here are some examples of the rest of the week:
 A quiet morning at Downtown Disney the day after the Marathon.
 Cloudy afternoon at Epcot
 I know many people aren't happy with Starbucks at Disney.  I'm just fine with it!
 Quiet lunch at Boardwalk Bakery
 This is about the spot where I bawled my eyes out during the marathon.
 My second favorite icon at Disney after my castle
 The animals were really out during the safari
 They look friendly. . .
 Go to Magic Kingdom. . .Turn LEFT
 Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head, waving to the public
 I love this lighthouse
 New Disney Vacation Club Property.  Too bad I'd never be able to afford it.
 Lunch at Be Our Guest on the last day
 I love this view of Hollywood Studios
 Don't know how I managed those crowds. . .hehe
 By the end of my days there, it was getting colder.  Steam from the heated pools in January
The new, cram a million people in a bus, bus at Magic Kingdom

And before long, it was over.  I had run the race, relaxed at Disney, and was ready to return to real life.  Magical Express took me back to the Orlando airport, and I had a non-magical monorail ride and Starbucks there:


Luggage coming on the plane.  

My plane was delayed by an hour and I learned how much a sprained ankle hurts with the change in elevation on a plane.  It was enough to also decide to drive down to Disney from here on out.

Post trip, I was not willing to do another marathon again.  This has since changed, but that's left for another time.  Until that point, we'll look at three other races I've run this year and my training for my next big adventure. . .the 2015 Dopey Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment