Friday, July 6, 2012

Do Everything. . .

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.--1 Cor 10:3


Of all of the verses in the Bible, I think this is the one that is hardest for me.  It's so easy to tout my achievements, my accomplishments, my progress.  I forget sometimes that I am not the one who makes the achievements.  There is One who is bigger than I am pushing me through.  Cheering me on that extra mile.  Helping me lift that next weight. 


 When I'm running, I think a lot about how far I've come, and gently I'm reminded that "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." (Phil. 4:13)  It happens when a baby deer crosses my running path.  When I look to the right and the sun is rising over the horizon.  When I look to the left and the ducks swim across the pond. 


May I be reminded daily that I am running the good race not for myself and ultimately not for my health, but for the better of God's kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment