Saturday, June 23, 2012

iPod Playlist: Christian Music for Running

To be honest, I probably have spent the most amount of time finding music for running.  The biggest challenge?  Finding music that does not have copious amounts of cursing it it!  I've posted one of my playlists on Facebook, and of course it has changed dramatically.


So, what do I listen to when running?  I have three playlists and this one is my favorite:



  1. Jesus Freak--DC Talk
  2. One World--tobyMac
  3. Changed forever--tobyMac
  4. Suitcases--Dara Maclean
  5. Hold Me--Jamie Grace
  6. Awake and Alive--Skillet
  7. Shackles--Mary Mary
  8. No Plan B--Manafast
  9. Supernatural--Manafast
  10. Every Time You Run--Manafast
  11. Hero--Skillet
  12. It's Not Me It's You--Skillet
  13. Should've When You Could've--Skillet
  14. Forgiven--Skillet
  15. I'm for You--tobyMac
  16. Show Stopper--tobyMac
  17. Hands and Feet--Audio Adrenaline
  18. Make a Move--Royal Tailor
  19. Control--Royal Tailor
  20. Run to Love--Royal Tailor
  21. Love Come to Life--Big Daddy Weave
  22. Free--Dara Maclean
  23. You Lead--Jamie Grace
  24. While I'm Waiting--John Waller
  25. My Own Worst Enemy--Casting Crowns
  26. Move--Mercy Me
  27. Do Everything--Stephen Curtis Chapman
  28. Stronger--Mandisa
  29. Love the Lord--Lincoln Brewster
  30. Courageous--Casting Crowns
  31. You are My King (Amazing Love)--Newsboys
  32. After all (Holy)--David Crowder Band
  33. Let Me Feel You Shine--David Crowder Band
  34. Jesus Saves--Jeremy Camp



I hit shuffle for my playlist.  I am sure when I run my next race, I'll select from this playlist 2 hours worth of music to play.


In other news, I hit my longest run at 4 miles today.  I need to start looking at shoes, though.  


And I tried my first smoothie today:


  • blueberries
  • banana
  • skim milk
  • peanut butter
  • plain yogurt
Loved it!
It may be time for a new blender.

I know last night I was freaking out about the upcoming half marathon, but here is my comfort today:


For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7




So you know what?  The strength to get through this is going to be from above.  If he wants me to do it, I will do it.  And I know he wants me to take care of my body so I can do His service.  So I can let go, and let Him take care of the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment