I'll be honest: Dopey Training has not been going so well as of late. Yesterday was particularly difficult for several reasons:
- Last weekend I had a significant injury to a toe. It started really acting up on me.
- I didn't really want to run 20 miles
- My back started hurting me (it still does)
- All I had eaten all day was a bowl of oatmeal
- I ran by a house full of people out on the porch drinking and cursing. I felt very exposed and uncomfortable.
I hope that I will never feel the sense of failure I did yesterday, but I also have to admit something: it's truly out of my hands.
Yes, I'm going to train as well as I can for the weekend, but ultimately whether or not I am successful depends on the One who carries me:
"Feels like it's been miles and miles
Feels like it's an uphill climb
Sometimes I get weary on the way
But when I look back at where I've been
When I look back, I'm sure of it
I was right there in Your arms and I can say
Every moment of my life
God, You never left my side
Every valley, every storm
You were there, You were there
I don't need to know what's next
You'll be with me every step
Through it all, through it all
I can see You carry me"
So, yesterday was a storm. I wasn't alone. If it's His will, I will be carried across the finish line.